Last Updated: December 1, 2011
Meetin.gs respects the rights of others and expects its users to do the same. In accordance with applicable laws, Meetin.gs will respond expeditiously to claims of any alleged infringement or unlawful activity committed using the Meetin.gs service that are reported as set out below.
If you are a copyright owner, authorized to act on behalf of one or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright, or wish to complain about any other infringing or unlawful activity, please report the alleged infringements or unlawful activities taking place on or through the Meetin.gs services (the ”Services”) by completing the following Notice of Alleged Infringement and sending it to the details set out below. Upon receipt of a Notice, Meetin.gs will take whatever action, in its sole discretion, it deems appropriate, including for example removal of the challenged use from the Services, notification to appropriate authorities and/or termination of the Meetin.gs user’s account, all of which are taken without any admission as to liability and without prejudice to any rights, remedies or defences. Furthermore, in submitting a Notice, you grant to Meetin.gs and its affiliates the right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display its content throughout the world in any media. This includes, without limitation, forwarding the Notice to the parties involved in the provision of the allegedly infringing or unlawful content, or any appropriate law enforcement authority. Please note that when we forward the Notice, it includes your personal information. By submitting a Notice, you consent to having your information revealed in this way. You agree to indemnify Meetin.gs and its affiliates for all claims brought by a third party against Meetin.gs or its affiliates arising out of or in connection with the submission of a Notice.
Notice of Alleged Infringement (”Notice”)
- In relation to any alleged intellectual property right infringement only: identify the protected work that you claim has been infringed, or – if multiple protected works are covered by this Notice – you may provide a representative list of the protected works that you claim have been infringed.
- Identify the material which (i) you claim is infringing (or the subject of infringing activity); or (ii) you claim constitutes an unlawful activity; and that should be removed or have access to it disabled, by including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL where such material may be found or other information reasonably sufficient to permit Meetin.gs to locate the material.
- Provide your mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
- Include all of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
- In relation to alleged infringements only: ”I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the protected material is not authorised by the rights owner, its agent, or the law.”
- In relation to alleged infringements only: ”I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the protected work that is allegedly infringed.”
- ”I hereby acknowledge liability on behalf of the notifying party for all consequences resulting from a removal or blocking of content as a consequence of the notification, as well as the obligation to hold Meetin.gs harmless for any damage suffered by Meetin.gs in such case.”
- Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
Important: If you are not sure whether the material infringes your rights, or is unlawful, you should obtain legal advice should you have any questions. Giving false, misleading or inaccurate information in the Notice may result in liability.
Deliver this Notice, with all items completed by email to: email@example.com
To file a counter notification with Meetin.gs, you must provide a written communication that sets forth the items specified below. Please be advised that we enforce a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of subscribers and/or account holders who are repeat infringers. Accordingly, if you are not sure whether certain material infringes the rights of others, or constitutes an unlawful act, we suggest that you first obtain legal advice. As with Notices, submitting fraudulent, frivolous or inaccurate information in a Counter Notification may expose you to liability. You agree to indemnify Meetin.gs and its affiliates for all claims brought by a third party against Meetin.gs or its affiliates arising out of or in connection with the submission of a Counter Notification.
Elements of Counter-Notification
To expedite our ability to process your counter notification, please use the following format (including section numbers):
- Identify the specific material that Meetin.gs has removed or to which Meetin.gs has disabled access, and provide URLs or other information sufficient to identify the location of the material before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
- Provide your full name, address, telephone number, and email address, and the username of your Qik account.
- Provide a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of applicable courts as determined by Meetin.gs Communications SARL.
- Include the following statement: ”I swear, under appropriate penalty, that I have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled. I also hereby acknowledge liability on behalf of the counter-notifying party for all consequences resulting from the material being replaced as a consequence of the counter-notification, as well as the obligation to hold Meetin.gs harmless for any damage suffered by Meetin.gs in such case.”
- Sign the notice. If you are providing notice by e-mail, a scanned physical signature or a valid electronic signature will be accepted.
Send the written communication with all items completed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens next?
After we receive your counter-notification, we will forward it to the party who submitted the original claim of infringement or unlawful activity. Please note that when we forward the counter-notification, it includes your personal information. By submitting a counter-notification, you consent to having your information revealed in this way. We will not forward the counter-notification to any party other than the original claimant or applicable law enforcement agency.
After we send out the counter-notification, the claimant must then notify us within 10 days that he or she has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain you from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on Meetin.gs. If we receive such notification we will be unable to restore the material. If we do not receive such notification, we may reinstate the material.
DISCLAIMER: WE ARE NOT YOUR ATTORNEYS, AND THE INFORMATION WE PRESENT HERE IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. WE PRESENT THIS INFORMATION FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
Postal contact addresses. These are for your information. Prioritise email delivery of Notices where possible.
Fredrikinkatu 61 A, 8th floor
PO. Box 955, 00101 Helsinki